Sunday, February 4, 2018

Week 79 - Misomonga Iraho

Akory aby! Inona vaovao? I hope you all had another great week livin the dream. I know I did! It is great to be back still and that won't ever change. I love being among these people every day. There were many highlights of this week but my favorite was a lesson about the Atonement we had with an investigator family. We actually had two very powerful Atonement lessons with some families that I love a ton. It was great to kind of go deeper and try and help them understand a little bit better what Christ actually did for us and what our job is now. We talked a lot about how the Atonement is done. It's all finished and all the blessings are there waiting for us. And our whole goal here on earth is to become better and try to follow what the Savior taught so we can receive those blessings. That's why going to church, reading scriptures, praying, and keeping the commandments are so important. At one point in the lesson someone asked the question and said, "I thought all we need to do was believe in Christ and try and be good and all that and then we are saved." The cool thing was is neither I nor Elder Jackson answered but another member of the family. She responded and said, "You already know Jesus died for you. You and lots of people know that. But that isn't what saves you. You doing more and keeping the commandments and living the gospel is what saves you." I just said amen. It was awesome to see them understand that famous scripture in the Bible that says, "faith without works is dead." I love teaching about the Atonement. Although I still have a very shallow understanding of its doctrine and truth. I do know that Christ suffered and died for us and he rose again. And because of that we will live again and we can receive forgiveness for our sins and eternal life. I know that this church is true and by following the living prophets and apostles, we can prepare ourselves to receive those blessings. It is the way back to Him. I hope you all have a great week! Mazotoa!
 Pics of our drive to lemur park last P-day and at the lemur park.  


  

 Pics of ocean right in front of our house. 

 We went and visited Mbola and his family last Saturday! 
 A pic of a zebu, what I probably eat the most of here with my rice ha.
Picture with my companion