Monday, February 12, 2018

Week 80 - Boribory Ny Tany

Salama daholo! Inona vaovao? I hope you all are doing well and had a great week! I had a good week and a week I was definitely not expecting. I was transferred to Antananarivo this last week. It was hard saying bye to the amazing people of Fort Dauphin that I have grown to love so much. I already am excited for the day I will get to see them again. But I am here in Tana and companions with Elder Mshweshwe from South Africa. He is a great guy and I am looking forward to working with him. This week, before I left Fort Dauphin, I had one last lesson with Ronaldin who is an investigator I grew to love a lot there. He is a father and husband. He has two kids and is an awesome guy. He really wants to change his life and live the Gospel and I hope so bad one day he will be baptized! In this last lesson with Ronaldin, it was just him. We didn't catch his wife or kids but it was good. He had just read 8 chapters out of the Book of Mormon when we got to his house. We talked a lot about that. One thing we talked about is how our decisions now can not only affect and change our lives but also those of generations after us. When we talked about this, Ronaldin kinda just sat and thought for awhile. He said he believes that is true and how he wants to do better. That was a very spiritual lesson for me. I looked at this father of two young kids and just thought how much not only his life will change if he accepts this and decides to work as hard as he can to live the gospel, but also his children's lives and his grandchildren and on and on. What decisions would we change if we could see the affect it has on those around us and those to come after us? I love the primary song "If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?" I think it goes like that at least ha. Only when we follow the Savior and live the restored Gospel can we assure ourselves and those around us pure and everlasting happiness. I know that not only Ronaldin and his family but all people no matter where they live will receive true and eternal happiness and peace if they follow the Savior. I know this church is the way we can do that. I hope you all have a great week! Veloma! 
 Pics from our hike/truck ride/tour to Lokaro down in Fort Dauphin last P-day..man it was a great last P-day there!!  


 Some more pics of our group at Lokaro.



 We bought an octopus and a fish off of some of the local people there and our investigator/guide cooked it up for us! It was great.

 More pics of Lokaro. 

 The fish and octopus all cooked up too. 





 And Ronaldin who is our investigator! He's a stud who plays rugby and guitar. I need to get him a broncos jersey though. 

 Goodbye pics with people in Fort Dauphin. Man I miss these people already..

 Be careful with the one I am holding the kid upside down haha. I don't need any people freaking out at me cuz I am a missionary doing that ha.










 Some pics of tana and lemur park we went to. That is me and my comp Elder Mshweshwe from South Africa!