Monday, January 29, 2018

Week 78 - Bolongany

Akory aby! Ino ty vaovao? Wow. An email wont be able to describe my feelings this week. I am back in Fort Dauphin and it has been a great week. Getting to surprise people and see all these amazing people again was unreal! We are back and getting to work and life couldn't be any better. Our branch is still doing great despite the absence of missionaries the last 3 months. When we were all evacuated, there was one sister missionary in our mission that was from Tanambao, Fort Dauphin. Her mission was ended when the evacuation happened and she went back home and she went and started visiting all our investigators that we had been teaching! That was a great blessing and I told her that she may think her mission is over but it really is just starting haha. Man life is just good. This week I came across a scripture I had read a lot before but this time I just sat and thought about it a lot and it was really powerful. It is 2 Nephi 4:26. It says, "Oh then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?" I love this scripture. It just made me think about the Savior and my faith in the Savior a lot. Do we really believe that Christ suffered for our sins and he is the Savior and Redeemer of the world? If we do, then why aren't we just full of joy all the time?! He overcame the world and so can we! Now obviously we all won't be happy absolutely 100 percent of the time but I know we can always find joy and peace in every situation in life. There is a song by LDS Youth Album that a member in Reunion showed me called, "Peace in Christ". One line says, "when there's no peace in the world, there is peace in Christ." When we focus and center our lives on the Savior we can find peace even in our hardest and most challenging trials. I know He lives. There's not a doubt in my mind. I know He is the Savior of the world. I hope we can all strive to focus our lives on Him and draw unto his light and peace so we can have that more in our lives. I hope you all have a great week! Aza maditra! Mazotoa! 
 This is the squad in pic with Black Nadia who was at the airport. She is famous singer in Mada and she is from Fort D. She said she is going to invite us over for dinner and we can talk to her about our message when she comes for a concert in February haha.
Pics of Fort D 
Pics of the branch activity we had this last Saturday! It was so awesome to have an activity with everyone our first week back. It was really fun! 






Pics continue! For the activity, everyone brought rice or bread and then the branch president provided the food with the rice and everyone prepared it together and we played games with the kids and branch president was playing music for everyone. It was just a way fun time! 







We also got a bunch of people that sell fish and shark right outside our house and we got a pic of that too. 

Last few pics of Fort D. This pic was snagged by Elder Blatter out of the plane window flying in...words cant describe how cool it is here!