Monday, March 26, 2018

Week 86 - Ny Mananakarena Mety Mbola Hijaly, ary Ny Mahantra Mety Mbola Hifaly

Salama daholo. I hope you all are doing well and had another great week. I am doing great as always. This week was awesome. We have some sweet investigators and we found an awesome new family this week! That always makes things exciting! This week we taught our stud investigator named Rodeo. From the second I heard his name I knew he was gonna be a stud haha. No idea how and why a Malagasy named their kid that but its sweet. Anyways he is progressing very well and lessons with him are always awesome. He asks tons of questions and most the time its questions that no one on earth knows but he thinks we can help him hahaha its funny. But this last week he asked a question that I am sure many people have. Lots of people in Reunion would use it as their reasoning for there not being a God. Anyways he asked, "why are some people born in such poverty and hardships and some seem to have it a lot easier?" That's his question simplified. My companion, our member help, and I each shared our testimony and what we believe on that subject. Man I wont lie. That question is just a hard one for me to answer. It just takes a lot of faith. I asked him if he believed God loves each of his children the same. He said yes. And i said great. I do too. So we need to have faith that there is a reason for everything that he does. In second Nephi 2 it says, "But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things." There are lots of things we don't know but if we have a testimony of this simple truth then we will be able to have faith and overcome any questions or doubts. We also talked about how God doesn't make peoples lives hard. People make peoples lives hard. I even spoke to President about this subject awhile ago back in Reunion. We talked for awhile. Joseph Smith the prophet of the restoration and many other prophets had very hard lives. And I am pretty sure God isn't the one who made their lives hard. Everyone's choices has an effect on those around them. And sadly in this world there is so much war, corruption, evil, lying, cheating, stealing, etc. that just make it hard on other people. Everyone says they want world peace and the only way that will ever happen is if we all follow the one who taught us exactly how we can receive that peace, our Savior Jesus Christ. Just imagine if everyone from Adam and Eve lived the gospel. I can assure you Madagascar wouldn't be such a rough place. Along with lives of many other people. But that's all part of the plan Heavenly Father knows there must be opposition in all things for us to truly learn and progress here. So even though I am sure it hurts him seeing so many people have it hard because of others choices he has given us everything we need to receive everlasting joy. I know Heavenly Father knows each and everyone of us better than we know ourselves and our life situations are exactly what we need to experience to help us build our weaknesses to strengths. And he has a plan for each of us no matter where he has put us in this life. I told Rodeo about Dorgivier in Fort Dauphin.  I told Rodeo that his bed wouldn't fit in Dorgivier's house. Yet Dorgivier is more blessed than the richest of the rich because the "worldly blessings" are no where near the blessings of heaven. I know that living by the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and following the living prophet is the only way we can receive all that the father has and those that do that are blessed beyond comprehension. I know God loves his children and we will feel that live more in our life if we follow His son. I hope you all have a great week! Mazotoa!!
 Some pics of views from two of the missionaries houses. 


 And then from our area. 
 And two little members' kids. This little girl is so hyper but she is the best haha.