Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 85 - Ny Olom-belona tsy Akoho. Miala Tsiny e!

Salama daholo o! Mbola tsy haiko tsara ny fomba tokony anombohako ny email isaky herindandro. Fa tsy manahy izany e! I hope you all are doing great! I had a great week man! The work is going great right now in our area. We have lots of great people we teach and some great families. It is awesome going from lesson to lesson teaching people that are so ready for the gospel! Also found out that this snack I usually eat off the streets called a sambosa is sometimes made with meat that I wasnt expecting haha. They are these little triangle tortilla things filled with meat and you buy one for 100 ariary which is like a penny ha. They are way good too. But an investigator told us this week that sometimes the reason they are so cheap is because they put dog meat in it...after this long living here I dont think that will stop me from buying them though ha. But for real this was a great week! Loving life as a missionary more and more each and everyday! This week we had a great lesson in Elders Quorum on Sunday. It was taught by Brother Julien and Brother Gael. They are both returned missionaries. Julien is actually a French guy who married a Malagasy lady here and they live here now. Anyways the lesson was great. It was about repentance. Gael said a quote I really like. He said something along the lines of, "Are we using the power of repentance like we should be?" I thought a lot about that. There was a talk last conference about how repentance is always a positive thing. Sadly a lot of times we think of it like the principal's office. Like dang we did something stupid and now we gotta go get in trouble. But I really like what Gael said. Do we really believe that Christ suffered for us? Well if we do, we should be rejoicing at the opportunity to repent! We should be so grateful that we can repent and become better and be forgiven. It shouldn't be something we hide from. My mom loved shopping for me before my mission and she would sometimes buy me clothes that I didn't really like and yet I would tell her I like it to not hurt her feelings. (Sorry mom I am confessing over email ha). Then a few days or weeks would go by and my mom would ask why I hadn't worn the shirt she got me. Obviously she could tell that I wasn't appreciative of the shirt she bought. I think we sometimes do that with the Atonement..we tell Heavenly Father we are so grateful for sending His son to suffer and die for us and make it possible to repent and become clean. Yet we don't use that great gift each and everyday. The best way to show our Heavenly Father and our Savior that we are grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ is to use it! Don't shove it in the closet and tell them you are thankful for it and that you will wear it one of these days. Repentance is something we should do everyday. It is the whole reason we are here on earth. We prepare and become better by being on our knees and talking to Heavenly Father about how we should change. And as we partake of the Sacrament each week, He promises us that His forgiveness will be there as long as we try and do a little better the upcoming week. I am so grateful for the gift of repentance. Even missionaries need to repent everyday. I hope we can all look at repentance the way the Savior does. I hope you all have a great week! Veloma e!
 A pic of our house. You guys usually like getting those I think so thought I would send one haha. Its a nice place! 

 A Malagasy laundromat. ha. If people don't just wash clothes outside their house in bucket then they take their clothes to a place like this and wash them. 
 This is Sitraka who works in mission office. I got back from the evacuation and found him wearing this belt I left behind haha. Pretty funny. 
 A view of Tana.  
 A pic of the bus station going to Antsirabe.
  A pic of some kids that wanted their pic taken while we were tracting ha.
  And the custom made suit I got today that was 33 US dollars haha. The pants were too small but he is making them bigger. I am probably gonna get another one made. Can't beat a custom suit for 33 bucks!

 There was a sister in our ward who had to take pics of our ward at church in their individual classes for some internet site for church or something, anyways she used my camera and thought i would send some of the pics home so you can see!