Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 34 - Rano Velona

What's up chumps?! It was another great week here in the greatest place on Earth! The work is going and not slowing down!! We have had some open time to tract since we have had some baptisms lately so we have been praying and asking for success tracting and this week we saw it!! We tracted into and scheduled times with 18 new investigators and 3 came to church after the first lesson! It was so great to see that!! Also we are all set and ready for the baptism on the 1st. We have 8 that will be baptized: Anni, Eric,Vero and their kids, Tolotra and Nirina, Tolotra and his wife Tafita along with Tolotra's sister Hensoa. It is going to be a great day and I am really looking forward to it!! They are all ready and have strong testimonies!! Should be a great experience!! This week was full of great stories and experiences. All the way from a drunk guy getting us a family referral and me bribing kids with candy to take us to their house if their dad is home haha. The second one sounds a little creepy but I promise it is not like that. I want to share something that stood out to me a lot in my scripture study. I read John 4 about living water. In this chapter, Christ is at a well and a Samaritan woman comes to draw water. Christ tells her if she drinks of the living water he can give her, she will never thirst. They continue to talk and the woman says I perceive thou art a prophet. Christ tells her he is the son of God, the Savior. She believes him and goes and tells others about the Christ, that he is here. Others believe her testimony and go and listen to the words of the Savior and they too believe he is the Christ. I love this story. Christ tells the woman to drink of the living water and believe in Him. She does. Then she goes and bears testimony to others and she becomes a well of living water for others. I learned a lot from this story. We need to strive to share the Gospel with all and we need to become wells of living water for others. We need to help others along the way and bear testimony and help people find the truth of the Restored Gospel. We all can be as the Samaritan Woman and bring others to Christ. In John 4, it also talks about how the person bearing testimony or sharing the gospel and the person receiving it are both uplifted. I know that is true! I have been blessed so much to be able to go out everyday and share this Gospel. I feel so lucky and love this opportunity! I know that as we strive to help others and share our testimony, our own testimony will grow and we will come to know our Savior better and on a more personal level. I know He lives, I know He loves us, I know we can return to Him as long as we truly love Him and do what he has asked of us. I hope you all have a great week!!! Veloma!
Me with some kids and chameleons. I have two tiny ones in my hand and the kid has two on a stick.
 Me with some of my favorite little kids. This little girl hugs me all the time haha. She reminds me of Nakai and Presley! 
This is what happens when schools is over and the white guys happen to be walking by just then.