Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 31 - Dunking on the Court and in the Baptismal Font

What's up everyone! First off, I wanna give a shout out to my Bingham boys for taking state AGAIN! So pumped for all of you guys and glad you were able to experience that!! I had a great week too! Pretty cool to think about the same time Bingham was winning state again, I was at a baptism of 7 of our investigators!! That was a great experience and made me so happy to be apart of it!! Baptisms can be kinda hard when one is 85 years old and another one starts to hyperventilate when she gets in the water. But hey everyone was dunked so that's all that matters right haha. I had some great experiences this week! One of my favorite things was teaching Rachel and Claire about the temple. They were two that were baptized Saturday and we taught them about the temple earlier in the week. Claire asked how she is supposed to get there as the closest temple is in South Africa and they don't have that kind of money. Then Rachel said, "Well all we need is faith and we can get there." Dang I loved that!! These Malagasy people have such strong faith. I feel as though I learn more from these people than I could ever teach them. I feel so blessed to work with such amazing people everyday! Elder Passey and I are going to keep the Ambohimanarina train rolling!! Wanted to share a scripture I read in studies this week. Luke 9:62..."And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." You gotta be in the game or out. No watching from the sidelines. No checking in for the final seconds before halftime or the end of the game. We gotta give all we got and do our VERY best everyday if we want to become all that we can be and all that our Heavenly Father wants us to be. Hard times come and go but we can't look back, we can't doubt. We need to have faith and keep looking forward and everything will be taken care of by the man upstairs. I love this Gospel! I love my Savior and Heavenly Father! Have a great week everyone!!
 Eric drew me and Elder Nichols haha.
A drunk guy wanted a pic...wish you could've heard his laugh hahahaha.  
Building beds and houses all in one mission.
 My new tag Elder MpanaoKiraro (Shoemaker in Malagasy) haha.  
 Me and Eric.
  Me and Lydia's family.  
Me and Rachel and Clair.
Me and all 7 that were baptized and our member help Stephon who got to help baptize! Great day!!!  
Cool views of an awesome path I love walking on.
 A taxi we took this morning. The roof was ripping off but no worries the dude had some wire he tied to it and spun it around a couple times and it was hanging on to the roof of the car....Malagasy convertible haha.