Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 28 - Do Third World Countries Need Internet Anyway?

What's up everybody!! It has been a couple weeks! Got internet back today and it has been good to catch up with everyone!! There is so much to talk about but I will talk about the important stuff haha. First off Elder Nichols and Shoemaker are straight ballin' out. Last week 25 investigators at church and 29 yesterday!! Definitely not mine and Nichols' doing but the Spirit and our Heavenly Father preparing people but it has been great to be a part of it!! We have found some great people and have some great people progress also! Lots of baptisms coming up!!! One thing that has stood out to me this week is the Malagasies love for the scriptures. When we have dinners with families they always have us share spiritual thoughts. And that is just everyone that is there picks a verse and says some thoughts and feelings about that verse. It is very uplifting and one of my favorite things to do! I have learned so much and gained a lot stronger testimony of the scriptures in these last 6 months. We all have them in our home and we have all picked them up a couple times at least probably...but how often do we feast on the words of Christ? If we really believe that the scriptures are the words of God wouldn't we take a little time out of our day to diligently study them? Wouldn't we turn off the reality tv show we are watching for 10 minutes at least and go and read something that can help improve our lives and build our relationship with Christ and our Heavenly Father? I am definitely not perfect and will never be but that is just something I have felt this week. I have been studying a lot about faith and I have studied the scriptures a lot to learn more about faith. One thing I have noticed is nowhere in the scripture does it say we will be saved by our knowledge...but instead it says we will be saved by our faith. We weren't sent down here to earth to learn everything that Heavenly Father knows; we were sent to walk by faith but not by sight. Yet there are so many people that freak out when they don't completely understand something or when they have a question...that is a good thing! It is a chance to show our faith!! I have tried to strengthen my faith and continue to try everyday. I am so grateful for these last 6 months and the next 18! I love my mission and feel so grateful!! I love the Malagasy people! Even though one of our investigators says I look like a lemur when I puff out my cheeks...haha. I hope you all have a great week!!
 Cool view of my area!

 This kid had a cool shirt hahaha.
 Some pics with members at a branch acitivty. Heck yeah I bought a selfie stick haha.
  Yeah that chicken is alive and yeah we are at a Croc Farm...you can guess what happened #chickfila
Some more pics at the zoo. Haha Malagasy zoos have absolutely no rules and it is awesome. 
 That turtle was pretty dang strong haha.
 a cool chameleon
 Got some pics with zaboomafoo! They were at the zoo although not in cages the worker just made some lemur noises and we held out bananas and they came climbing down the trees! It was sweet!!  



Some pics of a family we had dinner with and I gave them some glowsticks haha. Not the best couple pics but oh well.
  A pic with some investigators that are way cool and wanted to take a pic haha.
 My wrist after I pulled out my stitches.
 Needed a workout so I was curling these girls with a broom haha they were loving it and it was so funny!
 Our house and district is best in the mission hahaha. We had "family pictures" done and me and my comp bought bucket hats which every malagasy wears since it is so hot hahaha. We are tools but we plan on printing out a big one and getting it framed to leave in our house forever haha.
 Pic of us getting ready to go out in the pouring rain.
 A pic of our church which is right next to the US Embassy.
 Baptism, Fitiavana and Finoana were baptized by their dad Donne. Donne was baptized 3 weeks ago...really cool experience.
 My wrist is all healed up now haha. 
 Some pics with Donne and Lalas family at lunch after their son's baptism!

 Pic with Samuel and Fara's family at a dinner last night!  
 Some of my favorite members!!
Me holding a lemur and if you cant tell I am the one with the hat on since apparently I look like a lemur haha.