Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 9 - Jungle Boogie

What is up everybody?! How is everyone in the good ole USA? Probably not as good as us Malagasies ;) haha. This week was a great one! It went by really fast too, I cant believe it is Pday again already! Hmm where do I begin? Well we had two investigators accept Baptism Invitations this week! That was awesome to experience for my first time especially as my Trainer looked at me in one of the lessons and said ask if he wants to be baptized. In my broken Malagasy I did my best to extend the most important question this man will ever hear. I felt the spirit so strong, especially when he said Yes!!! I love being a missionary. I love waking up everyday wondering who will let us share the most important message they will ever hear with them. The people here in Madagascar are amazing. They are so humble and so willing to listen to the message. Not all understand the importance of it but we put it in as simplest terms as possible and hope the spirit will help them understand. I love teaching families. I know families are such an important part of Gods plan for us on Earth. I read this in PMG this week, "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities." I know there is nothing in this world that will make not only ourselves but our entire families happy besides this Gospel. I love this Gospel. I love being a missionary! There is nothing more satisfying than being able to help people everyday. While the language is still difficult for me I just do my best to teach people and if I mess up at least they got a good laugh out of it for the day :) you definitely have to be humble as a missionary as I have never been laughed at more in my life and for those of you who know how weird I am that is definitely saying something haha. I hope you all have a great week! I am so thankful for all of you in my life and pray for you everyday. I love you all!! Have a good one!! Veloma until next week!



  It doesn't matter how old Malagasies are if they see
you with your camera they ask you to take a pic of them haha

 my little homie and me
 a cool pic of the kids with palm trees in the back

  a guy I saw wearing a BYU basketball jersey and yes I sprinted after
him to get this picture although not sure what my face is in it haha
 some pics of the awesome beach we went to for pday today

 me and this guy selling coconuts they didnt taste that good for the record haha
 Me with the coconut
 a selfie with the necklace some lady talked me into buying
 a basic missionary tag beach picture