Monday, May 28, 2018

Week 95 - Ny Kibo Tsy Mba Lamosina

Salama e! Manahoana ry tompoko lahy sy tompoko vavy?! Antenaiko fa mbola salama tsara ianareo daholo ary enga anie tsy naditra loatra ianareo e! Tena tsara ity herinandro lasa ity! Nandeha tany talata volon'ondry izahay ary milay be izany e! This was a great week for us!! I don't even know where to start! We had the most investigators at church that we have had in this area so far, plus we had a good group of less actives reactivated this month and that was great! Andry and his family came again. Man I sure hope I will be sending you all pics of him baptizing his wife and daughter here soon! We had a week full of just cool experiences and what most people would call "coincidences" but obviously the Lord's hand is in the work and they are not just coincidences. We teach a way cool 20 year old guy named Nirina, that came to church today. He is a stud. We found him through another investigator and he is elect. I will not be surprised if he is on a mission in a few years! Also a mother and daughter of a family we have been teaching forever came to church! Saholy and Diamondra are their names and it was awesome to see them walk into church! We have such an awesome group of investigators. It makes everyday tons of fun. This week we had tons of very spiritual lessons and I learned a lot. I had a great study in the Book of Mormon the other day. In Jacob 4 verse 8 it says, "Behold, great and marvelous are the works of the Lord. How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him; and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. And no man knoweth of his ways save it be revealed unto him; wherefore, brethren, despise not the revelations of God." I love this scripture! Especially the end. It is absolutely impossible for someone to follow God if they themselves do not search for Him and seek out revelation out of a true desire to know. You can not follow God without first asking Him how to do just that. It breaks my heart to see so many people not find the truth simply because they have not asked God. I have grown a very strong testimony about revelation on my mission. Before my mission, I was always taught to read and pray and find out if it was true. I did that and grew to know that the church and Book of Mormon is true and that's why I came on my mission. But growing up in Mormon town 101 I had no idea about the beliefs and teachings of other religions and people around the world. Throughout my mission there have been many times people have asked questions or made statements that contradicted what I had been taught or believed. I wont lie but some made me sit back and think a little and say, 'Ok. I really don't know the answer to that.' But every time I go home and go to my knees and study the scriptures. And well I am still here so I guess that means I haven't found anything that has worried me enough to call it quits and say its not true. I have always found an answer to what I am looking for. Sometimes that answer is just a little one and it requires faith but it's an answer. Since when did Heavenly Father ever say it was all gonna make 100 percent sense and there would be proof of everything and you wouldn't have to exercise a little faith? Sadly in our world today people say that those that show true faith in God are naive or small minded. In 2nd Nephi 9:28 it says, "O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish." I wish the world we live in today had more faith in God. I wish more people understood that Google and Facebook and your friend down the street are all great but when it comes to following God we should be asking Him for answers. I know He will always answer. He has for me so far. I hope and pray that anyone that has a question or doubt will go to their Heavenly Father. He is the one source that is right 100% of the time. You are not weak minded or foolish if you rely on God. He really is there and He wants you to ask. I hope you all have a great week! Mazotoa! 
 Pics of our activity last P-day! The busses taking people to talata volon'ondry! 
 This stuff is called Koba. The place we went is famous for selling it and there's tons of guys walking around selling it like these guys. 
 Me and Nathaniel. 
 A pic of part of our group.  
 Henintsoa is the kid in the hat with his buddy. Henintsoa is son of investigator family. He's a stud and wants to serve a mission at 12 yrs old. 
 Pics of people mainly sending these cuz i need to print them off for them and need them on my email to do that haha. 


 The place we went had a pool table and everyone wanted to take on the American haha.
  Pics of everyone at lunch at the activity.

Pics of some of our investigators that came to the activity.  

And some primary kids that wanted pics.

Pics of the views out by the activity. 
Elder Willey knows the Larsons. He is friends with Adison. Way weird he's friends with her and he's on a mission. I still feel like her and Brax are Sophomores haha.

Pics of us getting tea and bread before renewing our visas the other day!

 Lady selling us our tea and bread too.
A pic of our area.
Sunset in our area. 
My favorite food these days.  
Little kid peeking through a fence at us. This happens a lot and then we come to the fence and they run away.
We had lunch with Rachel and her family. I taught Rachel over a year ago in Ambohimanarina and we have kept in great contact ever since. Her family wouldn't be baptized but her daughter just got baptized! Rachel is one of the most faithful people I know.  
Lunch at Rachel's. 
Views of the area.
 A normal day doing missionary work in Mada.