Monday, April 23, 2018

Week 90 - Midororo amin'ny Ace

Salama Daholo! Tena mahafinaritra be ity herinandro lasa ity! Somary henjakenjana kely ny grevy any Analakely fa tokony tsy maninona izany! Haha. Enga anie salama tsara ianareo! We had a great week! First week here in Anjanahary with Elder Shelby, although definitely not my first week with Elder Shelby ha. This is starting our 5th transfer together haha. But we had a great week man, it was awesome! We found tons of new investigators and families that are interested and now progressing. It's been a really fun and exciting week. Looking forward to a new week coming up. This week we had a great lesson with Rodeo. He is a stud. He is changing so much and you can even see it in his physical appearance. He should be getting baptized in two weeks! This week we taught him the importance of the Book of Mormon and making sure he truly believes it is the word of God. We talked a lot and he shared many of the blessings he has received from his reading in the Book of Mormon. Towards the end of the lesson I told him how great it is that he believes and knows its the word of God. Then I asked him if he had prayed and asked Heavenly Father yet. He said no but that he already knew and he has already seen the blessings. I told him again how great that was. But then I asked him to read Moroni 10 and when he finished I invited him to pray about it. He got a little confused and said he didn't feel like he needed to pray but that he already knew. We then talked about the Spirit and how he can get an answer directly from his Heavenly Father.  I then asked if he would read and pray. He said sure I will do it for you since you want me to but I already know it's true. I said no don't do it for me but do it for you. He kinda got frustrated with me haha. He said I don't get it , do I have to pray?? I already know. I then told him that maybe someday he will come across someone talking bad about the church or the Book of Mormon or maybe he will learn something that he doesn't understand fully. I told him that his personal knowledge and belief of its truthfulness is great but when doubts and confusion come it won't hold him steady in the faith. We then talked about the importance and how great of a blessing it is to be able to ask God. And if we know we have received an answer from God, we also know that he never changes no matter what people say or what confusion we may have. We can always fall back on that spiritual witness we received. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that answers the heartfelt prayers of his children. I wish more people in this world of confusion would go to the only source of truth, our Heavenly Father. He will always answer and guide us as long as we truly desire that and are sincere. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I have felt the Spirit witness to me and I know I will never forget that. I hope you all have a great week! Mazotoa!
 Pics of the dirtiest area in Tana, 67h. I think is among the dirtiest cities in the entire world. That river is the famous "poop river" it smells almost as good as it looks!!  

 Pics of me with Mshweshwe and Van Niekerk before they went home to South Africa.

 Some pics of Tana and people working in rice fields.



  A pic of a little truck hauling mattresses haha. 
 We had a meeting with our ward mission leader and ward missionaries than they wanted to take a pic. Sadly most the ward missionaries are missing but we will take another one next time. 
 Me with these two families that are leaving to go to temple today!
 Us with Patrick and Faniry's family! And our investigator Zo!