Monday, February 26, 2018

Week 82 - Tsy Taitra, Tsy Maika, Nefa Tsy Tara

Salama e! I hope you all are doing great! This was a great week for us! More and more missionaries are getting here every week. We have a group of 14 coming tomorrow from Zambia and the U.S. It will be great to see them again! The mission is the best and even better when you are in Madagascar. We have a lot to do with everyone returning from the evacuation but we still get plenty of time to teach and find and it is the best. This week we drove back from Tamatave. That drive is the best. I don't know why but I love it so much. It is crazy seeing people live out in the middle of nowhere and wonder what their lives must be like. We were driving by a group of young boys and they were pushing this cart up a huge hill in the middle of the bush, saw guys hauling these huge things of bananas (there's a pic I sent of it), and people working in the tons of rice fields. While we were driving by all these little villages people were doing their daily "chores", you could call it. Not really chores, I guess more like things they do to survive. The things I saw people doing is a lot harder than doing the dishes :) haha. But while I was watching these many hard working people, I just thought a lot about the Gospel and our life here on earth. Man, its hard for me to believe that there isn't something more for us. You can't tell me we are just supposed to be born, find a way to survive, and die. And that's it, that's life. I love and am so grateful for our knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. Especially our knowledge of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am reading a book called The Infinite Atonement by Tad R. Callister. He says this quote or something along the lines of it in one of the chapters, "Without the Atonement every rising sun is a reminder that it will one day rise no more. Every death a tragedy, and every birth but a tragedy in embryo." Man I thought about that a lot. How blessed we are to have a Savior that suffered and died and rose again for us. I know because of this, all of us, even those kids pushing the carts, guys hauling bananas, and hard working rice farmers, have a bigger purpose here in life. And we can achieve more than we can ever imagine as we turn our lives over to the Lord. I am so grateful for this Gospel. And I know as we live by the principles and teachings in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we can receive all the blessings of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I feel so blessed to share this message each and every day. I hope you all have a great week! Mazotoa! Aza maditra!
A pic of us at lunch on P-day in Tamatave last week.

 Here are some pics from the drive to Tamatave.


And a sunset and afternoon pic here in Tana!
This is a pic of what I had for dinner the other day. I say what it is on the voice recording. That's all I am gonna say. 
Pic of kids before our soccer game today. 
Pics of where we get our haircut. 
The guy had a pic of Christ in his little haircutting place. I love getting haircuts in places like this..always reminds me I am in Mada. And I have no Idea how he has electricity to use the clippers. ha