Monday, January 15, 2018

Week 76 - I'm Going Going Back Back To Mada Mada

Akory aby!!! Wow well if you haven't figured it out from my title #ShoutoutBiggieSmalls I am going back to Madagascar!! I am leaving this Wednesday! I am actually on the island of Mauritius right now and got here last Wednesday. It's so cool to see a new country and island but definitely hard to beat going back to Mada! President called me and told me the other night that me and 11 others are going back this week! I couldn't be more happy! Mauritius is a beautiful island and way cool! When President told me the news he said, "Now I bet you are already smiling from ear to ear but wait til you hear this." Then he said the first place we are going is FORT DAUPHIN!!!! I assume I will be in the Tanambao branch and see all those amazing people I had to leave unexpectedly. I am beyond excited and feel so blessed! We hope that all the missionaries will be back soon but not sure. President Foote is just a stud. I love that guy. This week was great. Lots of driving and logistics with getting people from airports and to their apartments they are staying in, as 10 missionaries came over here from La Reunion. I have got to see Mauritius and meet lots of people and it is a great place. The spiritual thought I have today was a short scripture I read in The Book of Mormon this week. Its Mormon chapter 8 verse 39. "Why do ye adorn yourselves with that which hath no life, and yet suffer the hungry, the needy, and the naked, and the sick and afflicted to pass by you, and notice them not?" I don't know but this scripture just hit me pretty hard this week. How often in our lives do we "adorn ourselves with that which hath no life"? We often feel that we are so busy or have so much to do or we love our tv shows or movies or social media that we forget to "smell the roses" as my mom would say haha. We forget what things really matter. The things that matter most in this life is our relationships with those around us and helping each other on the straight and narrow path back to Heavenly Father and that which will be there for eternity. I can't remember but there was a quote a few conferences ago by someone, I cant remember, but anyways it was something like "we sometimes need to let go of the world to hang onto eternity." On my mission I feel this so much. Some people will say to me when I get home, "Wow you had an awesome mission. You got to see the world and three countries and see some amazing beaches and sights." While that is true and I feel blessed, the thing I will hang onto the most is those I met along the way. The people that have been so loving and caring towards me and the people I have been able to help just a little bit see the light of Christ in their life. I hope to never let go of those things that will truly be there for eternity. I know that as we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can learn what things truly matter most in our lives. As we follow the Lord, everything gets set straight and we will be able to see the bigger picture. I hope you all have a great week! I know I sure will. Mazotoa!! 
 Our house pic in St Marie the day we left. I forgot to say in Voice Recording but I actually got to Mauritius on Wednesday. While I was studying Wed, I get a call and Elder Boyle says "Hey we looked at your ticket wrong. You are actually leaving today." Haha. Felt a little like the evacuation when I packed that fast.  
 Elder Knudsen said I wasn't down to ask these guys for a pic at the airport in Reunion. 
 Pics of Mauritius. 

 Church building in Mauritius. 
 Elder Stromberg and I drinking some actual whole milk. It was great. I have had Subway and KFC here in Mauritius also. Wow it was good.
  When you're in the middle of driving around the missionaries on the whole island and you get a flat, who ya gonna call? 

A pic of Itema, who is the guy I found in St Pierre that got baptized this week. Stromberg gave him a pic of me and him and Wolfgramm haha he is awesome and is now a member of the church!!
Some pics of the amazing beach we walked to this morning before emailing here in Mauritius. 


 Oh yeah they have Mountain Dew here too. Don't worry I'm not drinking all that in one day, ha. 




 We bought chicken sandwiches from this guy with a box on his moped. It was good. 
Pics on the bus from the beach to the emailing place.