Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Week 73 - Tratra ny Kristmasy

Akory aby! Inona vaovao am'nareo? Enga anie salama tsara ianareo! I hope you all had a great Christmas and hope it is a great New Year's week! This week was a great week and we had a great Christmas. I will be honest, Christmas made me a little homesick for Madagascar but it was cool being here in La Reunion for Christmas. It is cool seeing the differences in culture between Madagascar and La Reunion for Christmas. But as most of you can guess, the one thing that doesn't change, is the reason for the season. The birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. This week I have been trying to think a lot more about the birth and life of the Savior. As a missionary, you obviously don't get a normal Christmas like you did back home. And for me I have enjoyed that change a little these last two years. It has made me realize that I have already been given the greatest and most important gift I could ever receive. Jesus Christ was born of Mary to become the Savior of the world. He performed the Atonement for us and therefore gave us the greatest and most precious gift we could ever imagine. Because Christ performed the Atonement there are so many gifts and blessings we receive each and everyday but not just on December 25th. We can repent, be forgiven, live again, have joy, peace of mind, comfort, happiness, and live eternally with those that make Christmas so great, our families and our Heavenly Father and Savior. There is no way we can ever repay the Savior for what He has done for us. But the greatest gift we can give to him is our hearts and our lives. The Savior asks for nothing more than that. We give our hearts and lives to the Savior when we keep His commandments and live the Gospel and also when we give our hearts and lives to others. Christmas is a great time of year to serve others and look to give a helping hand. I hope we can all find a way to bring a smile to someone's face at this great time of year. The greatest thing we could possibly give to someone is the knowledge of what the Savior has done for them and his love for them. I feel so grateful to go out and give others the knowledge of this great gift that they have already been given. I hope you all have a great week and a Merry Christmas. Mazotoa!! 

Me and Wolfgramm with Onja, who is a Malagasy lady that I had met in Madagascar about a year ago in Antananarivo. She is way cool and calls us her sons haha.   
 A pic of the beach and coast right by our house. 
 The white elephant I gave haha (with Elder Wolfgramm)
That's a pic of Elder Wolfgramm from the MTC.  
Our group at Christmas breakfast!