Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Week 69 - Tsy Misy Mafy Tsy Laitran'ny Zoto

What's up everyone? I hope you all are doing good! This week was a great week for us. This week we did a lot of finding, or at least trying to find. We had success though! We had two investigators come to church! I think the members were just as surprised as us haha. When Itema, one of our investigators at church, came to church our 2nd Counselor started talking to him. Itema told him we had visited him and our 2nd Counsellor replied with, "They are hard to understand." Itema said yeah but he has patience. Our other investigator was a 10 year old boy whose dad is an active member and mom is inactive and the boy isn't a member. We have been working with the mom and all 3 came to church! Man it was a great day! It was a great experience to have our first investigators at church here in Reunion. However, I will be transferred tomorrow and be going to St. Marie in the North of the island. I am excited for the new transfer. Yesterday we had a zone conference with President Foote. That guy is a stud to say the least. I wish everyone could hear him teach and testify and story tell. One part of the conference that I really liked was when President talked to us about the power of a good attitude. Yesterday, President talked about Nephi and Laman. Why was Nephi able to do so many miracles and accomplish everything without murmuring or complaining? He believed in God. When we have faith in God, it is a lot easier to have a good attitude. I thought about that a lot. We all believe God loves us and He wont do anything to harm us. So anything that happens to us or anything we might endure, we can have a positive attitude because God is at the helm and He steers the ship. We can choose to trust him and be like Nephi or we can choose to doubt and have a rough life of complaining and wondering why everything is so hard like Laman and Lemuel. President said this yesterday and I loved it, "We have all heard the quote, The Lord will make more out of your life than you can make out of your life. That is true, when we want him to." I love that. Nephi wasn't able to get the brass plates and build a boat and all the other things he did because he was simply large in stature. He accomplished all he did because he had faith in the Lord and the Lord made it possible for him to do all those things. And Nephi accepted that and because of his faith you don't read much about him murmuring and complaining. A good attitude is founded upon our faith in God and just doing what he asks. The thought and translation of this email is  "There is nothing difficult that cant be overcome with diligence." I love that and know it is true. It is a Malgasy proverb Dorgivier told me back in Fort Dauphin. Life is hard sometimes but it's a lot harder without faith. I know that as we trust in the Lord and know He won't let us fall that we will rise to the challenges in our lives and accomplish all that we need to and we will do it with a smile on our face. I am grateful for this crazy experience I have had thus far on my mission. I feel so blessed knowing all I gotta do is go where he wants me to go and all will  be alright. I hope you all have a great week! Mazotoa! 
 Last P-day watching Kite Surfers while eating lunch! 

 View of the area. 
 Thanksgiving lunch with Elder and Sister Boyle. A ton better than last thanksgiving in Mada when we had a dinner with a member cancelled so I ate top ramen haha. 
 Some kids that followed us around tracting, thought that only happened in Mada but nope ha. 
  Dinner with the Argien family! 
 Pictures of Rachel who was baptized in Fort Dauphin last week! Miss those people. 
 A pic I found on Stromberg's camera. First day here when I tried one of the other Elder's bikes...that was the moment I truly felt like a Mormon Missionary. 
Rachel's Baptism in Fort Dauphin