Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 63 - Andriake Letsy e

Akory koahy ranignitse! I hope you all had a great week! This week was great and I am savoring every minute I have left in Paradisa Gasy. I received a call this week that I will be transferred to my old area, Ambohimanarina, in the capital city. I was very surprised about this call as the transfer doesn't end for another 3 weeks. I will leave the 24th. I am going to miss this branch and miss Fort Dauphin but I feel very blessed to have been able to serve here. There are many people from this area that I will never forget and I feel so blessed to have been able to get to know them. I am excited to go and see all the members and recent converts I left in Ambohimanarina last April. I was very sad when I left that area and never thought I would be going back but crazy things happen when there is a plague in the country haha (Go to this link for some information about the plague:
 http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/madagascar-plague-outbreak-now-threatens-largest-cities-50504224). This week was great. We and the members are working hard to help the many investigators we have feel comfortable at church and make friends. There are so many awesome families we teach that will help this branch and help move along the work of Salvation after they are baptized. This week I came across a scripture that just made me sit back and think for a little while. It was Doctrine and Covenants 15 verse 6. It says, "And now, behold I say unto you, that the thing which will be of most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father." I sat back and just thought about that. This last year or so I have had so many experiences and things I have learned that are of such great importance in my life. I know that this is the most important thing I have ever done in my life and maybe ever will do. Every morning I wake up and I know that there is nothing more important I could be doing that day. What a great blessing it is to be able to go and help bring others unto Christ. To help them find happiness, especially when so many people here have such hardships. And also that last part of the scripture, "that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father," Man, won't that be a great day?! I cant wait to see people like Josette and Dorgivier there. What an amazing feeling that will be to know that you held out. You stuck it out through the hard times. You didn't let your faith dwindle, you stayed true to what you knew and felt was right. As I read that scripture, I just felt so blessed. I am living it, and I cannot bear a stronger testimony of the truthfulness of it. To any of you that may read this and are debating on whether to go on a mission or not. Go. It will change your life, your family's life, and especially the lives of those you serve. I am so grateful for this Gospel. I am grateful that I am allowed the privilege to be a missionary for my Savior. I know this is His work. I know He leads and guides all that we do in this church. Because this is His church. I know that without a shadow of a doubt. And what great joy it brings me when I see others listen to the whisperings of the Spirit and allow this Gospel to change their lives for the better. You don't need go to a foreign country and wear a badge to be a missionary. We can all feel this joy of sharing the Gospel and helping others come unto Christ. I know this brings eternal happiness for all of us. Share the gospel this week! In example or word. I hope you all have a great week! Mazotoa!
 The view leaving the house everyday for work.  
 We make shrimp tacos every Friday. Here are some before and after pics. They are way good.



 The view out the window from our kitchen..I am gonna miss this place.
  Some goodbye pics will Rolland and Georgian. They are an investigator couple who are studs. Georgian gave birth to a little boy a little while ago and Malagasies don't do anything for 3 months after they give birth so they are getting baptized in February. Georgian already finished the Book of Mormon and they are awesome! They are really Atandroy and taught us a lot about the culture of that tribe and the dialect!
 Some pics of the blue ocean and some Atandroy fishermen in their canoes.

 Us after our lesson with Dorgivier in his house. I am gonna miss that guy.
  Some pics from P-day today. Made a sandcastle with some people and buried some kids. One lady who had no relationship to these kids was very worried for their safety and didn't seem to trust the big white guys haha.