Monday, October 2, 2017

Week 61 - Ndao Handroso Hatrany Hanao Ny Asan'ny Tompo

Akory aby!! Hope all of you had a great week! I have heard General Conference was great and we are looking forward to watching it this week! This week was a great week for us. The work is going great here in Tanambao, Fort Dauphin. We teach tons of awesome families and people and it makes the weeks fly by, sometimes a little too fast. I love the branch and people here in Fort Dauphin! I have gotten to know all the members of our little branch here very well these last 7 months or so that I have been here. They are all amazing people. I want to share a little story and experience about one of my favorite members, Josette. Josette is a single mother of three kids. Her oldest son, Mirant, is our branch clerk and he is 18 years old. She has another son and daughter that are in the primary and they are just one of those families that you know already has a spot reserved for them in the Celestial Kingdom..at least in my eyes. They have had a great impact on me and have quite honestly changed my life. I will never forget them as I long as I live. They are poor. What else can you expect of a single mother in a third world country who also fulfills all her callings in the Relief Society Presidency by visiting members and less actives.  Most of the time she seems to do this all by herself. The oldest son, Mirant, was mugged, beaten, and robbed a few months ago on his way home from doing his branch calling, one night. They don't have it easy but they are at church every week. They visit people and help us every week and they are just the definition of putting the Lord first. I was talking to Josette not too long ago. She was telling me how she visited an investigator that hasn't been able to be baptized because they are saving money to be married legally. She told me they had some money and stuff saved and were so close but then they had to buy food for them and some other family. Josette then told me that she said to them, "You bought food? You are so close to getting married and then one day you can go to the temple! You can eat later! Just fast and save money and then eat later." I thought I was going to cry as I heard these words come out of Josette's mouth. I can't even believe the faith of Josette. I don't even want to know how many times her and her family have gone hungry because of her fulfilling her calling or visiting people and so she wasn't able to sell enough eggs that day. Man, you sometimes think you have it hard and then you hear a story like this. Josette has changed my life. This week I read the scriptures 3rd Nephi 13 verses 31 through 33. It says something along the lines of this: "Do not think but what will we eat? or What will we drink? or What will we wear? For your Father In Heaven knows you have needs of these things. But seek ye first the Kingdom of God and these things shall be added unto you." Whenever I hear or read these verses I will always think of Josette. I can't wait to see the blessings and mansions prepared for her in heaven. Let us all seek first the Kingdom of God and put the Savior first. I hope you all have a great week! Veloma!
Pic of our area on a cloudy day. 
 These three little girls sell peanuts and bagedas (kind of like sweet potatoes) at the bus stop and we talk to them as we wait for the bus to go to Mbola's house on Saturdays. 


 Some kids of a family we teach! They are awesome!!
A pic of our church building from the path we walk on to get to church each Sunday! Hard to beat that 2 minute walk to church!!
Pic of our new house. We live on the top floor! It is a really nice place!