Monday, September 18, 2017

Week 59 - Ataovy Dimy

Salama y'all. I hope you all had a great week. First off, I received news that I will not be leaving paradise!!! I am very happy to say the least! I will be here my 5th transfer and my 4th with Elder Shelby. It is great and we will hopefully be seeing some great families baptized this coming transfer! I could not be happier!! We had a sweet p-day activity today so I don't have much time, so this may be a short little email. I will let the pictures do the talking for the p-day activity. Basically, just gotta go on a nice hike in ParadisaGasy. This week we were able to have a great District Conference with President and Sister Foote also. It is always great having them in town! We had a cool experience this week that I would like to share. Monday nights, we usually have dinner and family home evening with one of the Branch Presidents. But our dinner was cancelled late notice, so it left us with a night we had no program or lessons set up. So Elder Shelby and I decided to go visit a less active family and we shared a lesson with them and it was great. As we were closing the lesson, I looked at my watch and realized it still wasn't too late. I didn't know who to visit though. There were no members or less actives that lived close by and it was late enough that most Malagasies would think you were crazy or trying to rob them if you knocked on their door. But I felt something tell me to go to this family we tracted into a while ago...but this family wasnt exactly the most warm-welcoming last time as they just said they didn't have time and we could come back another time. Most of the time that is the Malagasies way of saying I want nothing to do with you get out of my house haha. But I still felt that we should go there. I thought to myself that it was just me and that I was wanting to be a good missionary and not go home and that nothing would come of it. So I just kept thinking of others we could visit. We left the house of the less actives we had visited and we started walking. We walked one step past the house I was prompted to go back to and I just stopped and said let's try these guys. So we did. They were home. The husband didn't seem too happy to see us again but they let us in and we had a very great lesson and are visiting them again this week. When we got out Elder Shelby told me that if I didnt say something he was about to say we should visit that house again too. I knew then that it was the Spirit. I dont know if this family is going to be baptized or anything but I am so grateful to be able to have the guidance of the Spirit in our lives. I heard a quote and I don't know who said it but it was this, "Follow all the promptings you have until you can tell they are not from the Spirit." I always remember that when I have thoughts or feelings to do something that might be weird and I tell myself that it is just my own thoughts. I know the Spirit is real. How blessed we are as members of the church to be given such an amazing gift that can help us in all aspects of our lives. We must always strive to live worthy of this great gift so we may be blessed by the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I hope you all have a great week!!! I will be enjoying my time in paradise. Sorry if the pics make you jealous :) Veloma!! 
 Pics from lemur park last pday! We were allowed to use bananas to lure the lemurs but not allowed to let them eat them haha so there is an awkward pic of me smiling while fighting the lemur for the banana. 


Emma's baptism pics! It was a great baptism!!!