Monday, August 21, 2017

Week 55 - Fibebahana

Akory aby!! What's up everyone? I am sure it was another great week for all of you as it was for me!! We had a great week. Had some great and very spiritual lessons this week and we had a great turn out at church! It was a very exciting week. One story is of an investigator family we teach that I have grown to love a lot. The couple is named Zava and Poni and we teach a couple of Zava's sisters with them and Zava's niece. They are all great although Zava's niece has seemed to be the one most affected by our lessons.  Her name is Sisine. They are all a part of the Catholic church and they are great people. We taught a lesson on faith. At the end of the lesson, Sisine was telling us that she is having a hard time knowing what to do. She has been baptized and confirmed in the Catholic church and she always believed that was the true church. She has been moved by our lessons and our message though and she says she doesn't know what to do. As she said this, Zava spoke up, he said "Joseph Smith was like that, he didn't know what to do and he kept searching and searching." Then his wife, Poni finished off, "Yeah and remember what he did? He went and prayed and he got an answer! You just need to pray." They all then looked at us and I just said amen ha. They were at church the next day and it was great to see them. Sisine seems to be the one leading them and I truly believe they will all be baptized and be able to enjoy the fullness of blessings through the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve with such amazing people!! This week I listened to a talk by Elder Holland. He talked about the story in John 21. This is after Christ's resurrection. Peter and some of the other disciples decide to go fishing again and back to their normal lives. They went out fishing and didn't catch a thing. The Savior then appears to them and tells them to cast their nets again. As you can guess, they then hauled up a big load of fish. Christ invites them to come to Him. Then He asks Peter, "Peter, do you love me more than all of this?" Peter answers, "Yea, Lord thou knowest that I love thee." Christ asks him again, "Do you love me?" Peter says, "Yea, Lord thou knowest that I love thee." Christ asks him a third time and Peter answers again. Christ's answer to Peter was then this, "Feed my sheep." I love this little story and have loved relating it to me and my life and all of us today. I am fairly confident that one of the first questions, if not the first question Christ and our Heavenly Father will ask us when we meet face to face with them again is,"Did you love me?" We all know love is shown and not just spoken. I love the Savior's first question to Peter. It wasn't just, "Do you love me?" It was, "Do you love me more than this?" Referring to the fishing Peter was doing. I am sure that many of us have a love for God and his Son. Is it a perfect love? Maybe not. What if the Savior appeared to us and asked us a specific question like that? What would He ask? "Do you love me more than those inappropriate movies, tv shows, and songs you watch and listen to?" "Do you love me more than those inappropriate thoughts?" "Do you love me more than those swear words you say a little too often?" I am sure there are many things He could ask each of us and they would all be different. But I am sure His answer would be the same. "Follow me, and keep my commandments." As we all know that if we truly love Him we will keep His commandments. I love this story and have tried to apply it in my life and see what I can do better or give up to better love my Heavenly Father and Savior and to follow them. I know that as we do, we receive true and everlasting happiness. I would like to share a great quote from President Foote. He said this in my interview with him this week. "We aren't trying to make them Mormons, we are trying to make them Saints. But being a Mormon is the best way we can become Saints." I love this quote and know it to be true. I love this Gospel. I know that as we follow the commandments and guidelines of the living Prophets we will come to love the Savior more and more and feel His love for us more and more. I hope you all have a great week! Mazotoa!!
 Last P-day we made some dumbbells for our house. Some pics of us making them, me with the member's daughter who helped us, and the final result! We don't mess around here haha.


 A cool view.
 Some pics of Mbola's family, who always want us to take pics of them when we teach them.


 This bebe (grandma) was wanting to see the pic but I snapped a pic of her and it is classic haha.