Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 52 - I Been Preachin Gospel For A Year Or So

Akory aby! Inona vao vao? I hope you all had a great week! It was another great week here and it has been a great last year for me! Can't believe it has already been a year this coming Thursday. Time goes by too fast! Definitely the fastest year of my life and hoping this next year doesn't go by too fast. We had a great week of work and seeing many blessings! First off, my man Dorgivier asked about serving a mission and says he has a desire to serve. Made me pumped! He is already good at English so hoping he might get called to South Jordan haha. He is a great guy and is already helping the branch here in Tanambao and he will be a great missionary! The mission is a great blessing and I feel so blessed to be able to know these great Malagasy people! I learn so much from them everyday. Such loving and kind and happy people. This week we talked about the importance of a good attitude in District Meeting. It reminded me of an English class I had my senior year. I don't really like to think about high school English class but this class was different haha. We kind of had a debate as we had read an article about depression. Many people were saying what they thought about depression and this and that. I just listened and kept quiet. One kid, who I will be honest was not at class most of the time and probably a little rough around the edges, rose his hand. He said "We are the ones that make ourselves depressed. We complain about every little thing and make our lives so much harder than they really are. People in other parts of the world have nothing and us in America are complaining and all depressed and look at us...." I am not saying anything about depression as I know that is a serious thing and a very real and true problem but I will always remember what that kid said as for the most part I agree. I remember a quote that said, "Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you react to it." I love that quote. If we will focus on what is most important in life, which is the Gospel, all our problems will be put into perspective and we will realize that we have it pretty dang good. Jesus Christ had a rough time here on Earth. Yet His focus was on the love He had for all of us and for Heavenly Father. I think about the early church leaders. Must have been really hard for Joseph Smith and all of the early Saints to be kicked out and mocked and persecuted wherever they went. Yet their focus was on God and the Gospel and doing what they knew was right. As we focus on the Gospel it is sure hard to have a bad attitude! Look how blessed we are. We have the fullness of the Gospel. We have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who are willing to help us if we just look to them. I know that a good attitude is the key to a happy life and the key to having a good attitude is focusing on the Gospel. We are so blessed and sometimes when we are having problems or hardships in our life we need to just kneel down and give a prayer of thanks for the things we have instead of all that is going wrong. I know that if we do that, it is near impossible to be sad or angry! I am so grateful for this gospel! I hope you all have a great week! Veloma!
 A cool painting on the wall that me and Shelby got a pic with haha. The Coke here is way better for some reason...I dont know, its weird.
  Went and built a swing for some kids last Pday. They were way scared at first but lighted up after a little while and it was fun!


 These next pics....paradise, nuff said. Gonna miss Fort D for sure.

 Some more beach pics. Found a way cool spot that has the coolest views last Pday!
 Crazy kids in our area that wanted a pic.
 Gave Nantinaina and her family some pop rocks from my package that they didn't like too much.
  Its been raining a lot the last week. 
 Some more crazy kids.
Saw these little kids outside our house. They were trying to get some fruit off the tree and kept falling as they weren't tall enough haha.