Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 46 - Fathers Day

This week was great! We had lots of success finding some great families and now working on getting them to church. My love for this branch and these people has grown immensely as I go to our small little sacrament meetings each Sunday. There is a special feeling of being in a branch where you can know just about every member by name. We had a very spiritual experience this week with one of our investigators that I would like to share. We teach a couple that is related to some members. Sadly this couple can't read or write. Yet they come to church nearly every week and do all they can. We have taught them the Joseph Smith story at least three times. And so I asked what they remembered. The husband sat there and thought. Then he got frustrated and said, "I am so sorry. I am sorry. I am not good. I am sorry. I can't remember this. I am sorry. I can't do anything. I am so sorry Elder! Please don't be sad or mad. I just want to follow Christ." I will admit a few tears welled up in my eyes. I told this man don't ever be sorry for that. If more people had the faith that you have and had that desire this world would be a much better place. I am not giving up on you. I told him to pray and ask Heavenly Father to help them remember. We reviewed the lesson again. Then it all clicked for him. He understood the first lesson just about as good as most new investigators do. It made me happy and I knew Heavenly Father was aware of his faith and desire. I truly believe this couple will one day be baptized and be able to retain and understand the importance of that. I know God helps us achieve all our desires as long as they are in line with his. I hope we can all have the faith of this strong man and remember we are all nothing without our Savior. This church is true and I know Christ lives. I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!
 View from the other missionaries' house in Fort D....livin the life. 
 Did a service project and started to build a water tower at a pig farm that one of the branch presidents here owns and a couple returned missionaries. A couple pics from that.


It was Olivia's birthday so I gave her a glowstick and some snacks. She is daughter of this investigator family.
  The tea we make that I talk about in the voice recording (he says it's not against the word of wisdom ;) but that it tastes and smells like Fruit Loops cereal). It is so freaking good haha.
 For all the other missionaries seeing these pics, I am sorry that your mission president isn't as cool as ours. We were allowed to canoe out to some hidden beaches like the one I went to a month or so ago. Lets just say work hard play hard is how we do it here. 



 The little village we canoed out to...the kids and people were either scared of us or did not like us. But we started playing games with the kids and they went crazy..I wish I could send the videos. We had to move to a bigger area cuz so many people joined in and as we were moving to a new place I got all the kids to chant Kilalao which means game. The whole village was definitely aware that some white guys were there haha. It was so fun. We were fed some rice and tsara maso and it was gooooood. 





 Some more pics from the best pday ever. Saw this guy on the hike to the beach and there was not another person around. Really liked his outfit but he was just chopping some firewood. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a couple drinks too haha.  

  The beach had some huge waves and got some cool pics.
 The canoe trip back we got the motor boat haha.  It didn't take us three hours, so that was nice.