Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 22 - Tratra Toana VaoVao

Happy New Years Everyone!! I hope you all had a great holiday week!! I had a great week filled with work!! It was a great week although a little crazy as there were lots of Malagasies partying so it was a little hard to get lessons. We tracted a lot and found some great people that I am really excited about!! This week there was lots of drunks and people doing who knows what for the Holidays. It made me sad seeing so many people passed out drunk and stuff. One night we were sitting on our roof looking at some people going crazy and drinking and I was just thinking man we have a lot of work to do. It reminded me how important this work is that we are all apart of. There are so many people that do not know where to find the truth and we have it. We should be so excited to share it with everyone and anyone we can! We asked a member to go on a split with us at the last second on a Saturday night. We said sorry we really need your help and we know it might be interrupting your night but can you help us. I loved his response. "It is the work of the Lord, of course I will come. There is nothing more important." I was like dang, I wonder if I would've had that answer if the missionaries asked me to go on a split on a Saturday night back home. I am so grateful for this time in my life to Serve. I have learned to recognize what is most important in life and that is the Gospel. Everything we have is because of our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. Yet we spend so much time worrying and thinking about other things. I have learned so much in these short 5 months being a missionary and am so grateful and looking forward to a great year of building the Kingdom of God. I hope you all have a great week and a great 2017!
My cool hat and sandals I got haha...told Brax I would send a pic. 
 A malagasy sink, shower, and anything else that involves water.
 Cooking up some bbq chicken at our dinner appointment.
 Me and the guy who was giving us the dinner appointment.
He is a returned missinary and speaks english! Way cool guy.
 Me and a Malagasy baby.
 Some pics of our apartment. My room and the bathroom. Sorry it is so dirty haha.
 We live like kings compared to all the people around us.
 Also a pic of the court we playing basketball at this morning.
Sister and President Foote are here and posted some pics on their instagram!
Pday basketball game for Tamatave district